Saturday, April 19, 2008

Should I?...or Should I not?

Yesterday was rainy and cold and even so, I wondered all day if I could just stay one more day...when I checked in with work, they said they wouldn't need me til Monday sometime. This morning, I dragged my feet about packing up and even as I was loading the bike, I wasn't committed to leaving...my already paid for reservations did include tonight, but then I got to thinking about all the things I need to do before going back to work. Exciting stuff...like laundry, etc...lol...so I went ahead and checked out and after a few miles in the sun, it was all good again!

I said in a previous post that I would say whether I had taken too much with me...I could have gotten by with less if I'd been willing to take time and go wash clothes...I was having too much fun.

Lake Dardanelle State Park is a beautiful, convenient, clean park. There's a lot of car traffic going in and out, but the Park Rangers are visible all day and night and I didn't see many people speeding. The visitor center has a lot to see, according to the park website
http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/lakedardanelle/
but there were school buses full of kids there every day that I was there, so I'll save that for the next time I visit.

Last night, the camping spots filled up with RV's and tents and it was cold and I could hear people talking and laughing til late. I felt sorry for the tenting people...no way they got much sleep.

The only negative thing I have to say about the accomodations has nothing to do with the actual cabin or park. They were fine...clean and safe...but Arkansas has a hefty "Lodging tax" (I paid $67 in tax) and allows the hotel/motel/lodging people to charge a damage deposit up to a maximum of $200 (which I paid) and that is above and beyond the actual lodging charge and I am now waiting to have that returned to me. I'm sure that whole thing is necessary...some people can always screw things up for the rest of us.

If you're interested to know where I stayed the web address is: www.russellvillemarina.com I didn't have much interaction with Ted and Brandy, the operators of the Marina, Cabins and Boat Repair...but that's okay...I enjoyed the peace and quiet and I'm sure they were happy that I didn't turn out to be some wild partier.

I'm in the last little Arkansas town before Memphis and will roll on toward Athens, AL tomorrow. There's a truck stop across the street and tonight my ears will re-adjust to the sound. The interstate driving has been okay, but tomorrow's trip is all US Hwy 72, a road I am familiar with, not so much fast traffic...and it's the road that goes home.

4 comments:

Lady R (Di) said...

I always hate the dreaded "chores" to be dealt with right before going back to work. But, since they don't do themselves, I relent. Welcome back to Bama, we've had nice weather here this weekend. Harley and I got out for about seven hours of riding yesterday. I'll be posting about it later. See Ya! Lady R

Ronman said...

Glad you had a relaxing trip ma'am. Nothing like a little get a way to recharge the batteries. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I've got to climb back in a truck early Monday morning myself. Maybe I'll get lucky and they won't have any freight. Hey we should get together and ride sometime. Perhaps we could run down to LadyR's I hear she's a good cook but she'll probably want us to do some sort of work.

Ride Safe

Ronman

Moonlight said...

Ronman, we should definitely get together and ride one day. I'll let you run the front door...lol
Moonlight

Ronman said...

Sure thing. Shoot me an email.

Ronman_blog@comcast.net